On Monday, August 15, 2022, these ten Bishop O’Gorman Catholic Schools’ teachers were recognized for their excellence in teaching, receiving a $10,000 check, thanks to a generous family who established the "Teachers of Excellence Endowment" with the CCFESD.
The BOGCS administration developed criteria for excellence in teaching. Working with a consultant, they came up with a list of eight critical attributes of excellence in Catholic education that they see within the BOGCS.
- Lives our Faith-Filled Mission and Values
- Positive Relationship Builder with Students, Parents, and Staff
- Promotes Student Academic Excellence
- Selfless Team Player that Goes Above and Beyond
- Lifelong Reflective Learner
- Serves as an Educational Leader among the Staff
- Incorporates Innovative Ideas While Remaining Willing to Fail
- Dedicated to the Profession
Teachers are nominated annually by their peers and reviewed anonymously by a Selection Committee made up of retired and former Catholic school faculty members and principals. Collectively, over 130 years of teaching and school administration, covering both elementary and secondary levels, most of which were in Catholic schools, is reflected within the Selection Committee. Names and specific references were removed from the written testimonials so that the Committee could focus exclusively on the written content that was provided and then compare it to the eight criteria that the principals developed.
The ten Teachers of Excellence recognized in 2022 are:
- Diane Laycock, a Preschool Teacher at Holy Spirit, with 25 years of service.
- Ruth Bordewyk, an English teacher at O’Gorman Junior High, with 15 years of service.
- Amy Isaacson, an Academic Services Teacher at Christ the King Elementary, with 25 years of service.
- Heather Nohrenberg, an English Teacher at OGHS, with 17 years of service.
- Lana Bauer-White, a PE Teacher at St. Michael and St. Katharine Drexel, with 28 years of service.
- Anika Rodig, a World Language Teacher at OGHS, with 5 years of service.
- Jessica Williams, a 4th Grade Teacher at Christ the King, with five years of service.
- Crysta Daly, a Social Science Teacher at OGHS, with 4 years of service.
- Jenny Quissell, a Computer Teacher at St. Mary and Christ the King, with 9 years of service.
- Denise Richard, a PE Teacher at St. Lambert and Holy Spirit Schools, with 21 years of service.
"Thanks to this family's foresight and generosity in establishing the Teachers of Excellence Endowment, this celebration of excellence will be a part of BOGCS for years to come," added Conzemius. "It is a privilege for the CCFESD to be a part of this inspirational legacy of faith and excellence in education."