Catholic Foundation Administrative Assistant
The Catholic Community Foundation of Eastern South Dakota is seeking a detail oriented professional with the gift of hospitality to serve in the full-time role of Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will have the essential duties of serving as the first point of contact for visitors and guests to the Foundation as well conducting various administrative duties. Primary responsibilities will include processing daily correspondence, documenting contributions, and providing data entry support. Applicants with prior experience in administrative duties with increasing responsibilities or an Associate Degree in a related field preferred. To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Twila Roman, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com or via land mail to her at 523 N Duluth Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104.
Director of Development
The Catholic Community Foundation for Eastern South Dakota (CCFESD) is seeking a motivated professional to serve as the Director of Development. The Director of Development is responsible for all aspects of the CCFESD Gift Planning Program, including, major gifts and capital campaigns. The Director of Development will work closely with the Director of Estate Planning/In-House Counsel on the charitable estate planning program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, coach and support the Gift Planning Officers (GPOs) as they each manage a portfolio of approximately 60 major gift donors. There are currently five GPOs who live and work in six satellite regional offices.
- Help GPOs develop donor identification, cultivation, invitation and stewardship strategies that result in single and multi-year current gifts and future estate gifts
- Manage your own portfolio of approximately 30 major and estate gift donors
- When appropriate integrate the Bishop of the Diocese of Sioux Falls in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship experience of donors
- Track and monitor donor histories; conduct donor research; ensure appropriate outreach is designed and implemented; follow up with all prospective donors (personal visits, phone calls, letters) who have made or expressed interest in making a planned gift; ensure all donors are recognized for their contributions (correspondence, recognition events, invitations to special events)
- Serve as a liaison for Catholic leaders – pastors, and development professionals at local Catholic entities – their donors and the CCFESD
- Work with marketing staff and Director of Estate Planning to develop planned giving marketing materials. Conduct necessary research; draft and edit materials; review and approve print design and web copy; coordinate mailings
- Work with the Director of Estate Planning to develop policies and oversee procedures for the raising, processing,and acknowledging of major and planned gifts
- Participate in capital campaign strategies
- Facilitate regular GPO team meetings to strategize actions to secure planned gifts
- Analyze program results and cost effectiveness of the CCFESD Gift Planning Program; recommend annual goals and budget projections, make recommendations for future actions
- Serve on the CCFESD leadership team
- Work occasional events held evenings and weekends
- Willingness and ability to effectively and accurately make known the Catholic Church’s teachings through the varied ministry activities expected of this position.
- Willingness and ability to act as a personal witness to the Catholic faith and religion by living both one’s professional and personal life in accordance with the doctrines and moral teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, as embodied in the various documents of the Roman Catholic Church, including, without limitation, the Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Knowledge and experience in major gift fundraising
- Knowledge and experience with capital campaigns
- Ability to lead, coach and support a team
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 5+ years of relevant development experience
4) Other Elements:
- Certification or special training in this area preferred
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Twila Roman, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or via land mail to her at 523 N Duluth Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104.
This full-time position manages all data entry for the CCFESD. In addition, this position provides a variety of secretarial and administrative support to the CCFESD; specifically the Gift Planning area. This position involves flexibility, attention to detail and the ability to work independently and without close supervision. Duties primarily center on computer database entry and effective use, including support of campaigns, reporting, and donor management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data entry and oversee processing of all gifts handled by the CCFESD, including annual appeal, special events, capital campaigns, special projects, and estate gifts
- Maintain the integrity of information entered in to the database (currently Raiser’s Edge); including support documentation
- Management of all database aspects of individual donor relationships to help cultivate growing relationships as they relate to donor research, cultivation activity, pledges, estate plans, cash gifts, and noncash gifts
- Prepare gift reports accurately and timely
- Controlling correspondence; year-end receipting; maintain filing systems; assigning and monitoring clerical functions
- Provide historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of records-hard copy and electronic
- Keep management informed by reviewing and analyzing special records; summarizing information and identifying trends
- Work closely with Finance and IT departments to insure that reporting is complete and accurate, and that detailed procedures are written and implemented
- Prepare and compile CCFESD reports and documentation for annual audit
- Prepare endowment distribution support documentation
- With the support of IT and training, provide support to all of the staff who use the database
- Willingness and ability to effectively make known the Catholic Church’s teachings through the varied ministry activities expected of this position.
- Willingness and ability to act as an outstanding personal witness to the Catholic faith and religion by living both one’s professional and personal life in accordance with the doctrines and moral teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, as embodied in the various documents of the Roman Catholic Church, including, without limitation, the Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church.
- To be able to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
- High school diploma, and post-secondary education or equivalent experience preferable.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent computer proficiency of all the Microsoft Office Suite products and various web applications.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in the use of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge software, to include accurate and timely data entry and extraction.
- Strong communication skills, with a proven ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to think strategically, multitask and conform to shifting priorities, demands, and time lines.
Job Conditions/Physical Demands:
The following are representative of the physical capabilities that must be met by an employee and the working conditions that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to push, pull, lift and carry items up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop, climb stairs, talk, hear, grasp, reach and perform repetitive motions of the fingers, hands and wrists.
- Ability to work in an office setting as wells as various venues according to event or activity.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone.