Financial Stewardship & Performance
In serving the donor-directed giving by donors to various Catholic parishes, schools, cemeteries, and other ministries, the CCFESD maintains a strong commitment to Catholic stewardship. This involves both good financial accounting as well as Catholic Responsible Investing, with an annual independent audit by Eide Bailly, LLP.
As of December 31, 2020, we are pleased to report the following:
- Total Assets: $139.5 Million
- Fiscal Year To Date (7/1/2020 - 12/31/2020) Net Revenue: $13.1 Million
- Investment Returns (as of 12/31/20):
- Trailing One Year: 14.7%
- Trailing Three Year Average: 8.9%
- Trailing 5 Year Average: 10.1%
- A peer ranking of similar-sized foundations ranks us in the top third for the one, three, and five year periods.
- Trailing 10 Year Average: 6.6%
- Total New Gifts (Cash, Stocks, Property, Pledges, Planned Estate Gifts) in 2020: $18.2 Million (our third-highest year).
- Total Outstanding Pledges and Planned Charitable Estate Gifts: $107.5 Million
All of these gifts are directed by donors to specific ministries that they have designated, including local parishes, schools, and other charities.
While prudent financial management of these funds is critical in preserving capital and maximizing investment returns, the priority of the CCFESD is to incorporate Catholic Responsible Investment screening, utilizing a diversity of funds and managers. The investments within the CCFESD portfolio are screened to filter out those companies with fundamental conflicts with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
For more information about utilizing Catholic Responsible Investing and Donor-Directed Giving, contact the CCFESD Gift Planning Office at 605-988-3788. To view the CCFESD Investment Policy, click here.