Financial Stewardship & Performance | May 2021
In serving directed giving by donors to specific Catholic parishes, schools, cemeteries, and other ministries, the CCFESD maintains a strong commitment to Catholic stewardship. This involves both good financial accounting as well as Catholic Responsible Investing, with an annual independent audit.
As of March 31, 2021, we are pleased to report the following:
- Total Assets: $144.8 Million
- Fiscal Year To Date (7/1/2020 - 3/31/2021) Net Revenue: $15.9 Million
- Investment Returns (as of 3/31/20):
- Trailing One Year: 42.3%
- Trailing Three Year Average: 10.5%
- Trailing 5 Year Average: 10.6%
- A peer ranking of similar-sized foundations ranks us at the top quartile for the one, three, and five-year periods.
- Trailing 10 Year Average: 6.5%, ranking us at the third quartile.
- Total New Gifts (Cash, Stocks, Property, Pledges, Planned Estate Gifts) fiscal year to date (7/1/2020 - 3/31/2021) $14.6 Million (our third-highest year).
- Total Outstanding Pledges and Planned Charitable Estate Gifts: $110.7 Million
All of these gifts are directed by donors to specific ministries that they have designated, including local parishes, schools, and other charities.
While prudent financial management of these funds is critical in preserving capital and maximizing investment returns, the priority of the CCFESD is to incorporate Catholic Responsible Investment screening, utilizing a diversity of funds and managers. The investments within the CCFESD portfolio are screened to invest in accordance with Catholic values.
For more information about utilizing Catholic Responsible Investing and Donor-Directed Giving, contact the CCFESD Gift Planning Office at 605-988-3788. To view the CCFESD Investment Policy, click here.