Who We Are
“Why” we exist
To provide a “Future Full of Hope” (Jer. 29:11) for the people of eastern South Dakota and beyond.
“How” we do what we do
Helping people grow deeper in love with Christ by sharing their gifts in gratitude to God.
“What” we do
We raise, manage and distribute God’s gifts to donor-directed ministries.
OUR CORE VALUES
Living faith in ministry
- We are faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- We believe that all we are, have and will be is a gift from God.
- We believe our work is ministry, guided by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in responsible stewardship.
- We affirm good judgement and integrity through honesty and transparency.
- We have fiscally responsible investment and distribution policies that adhere to Catholic values.
- We partner with parishes, priests and donors to strengthen ministries.
- We distribute God’s gifts to donor designated ministries.
- We strive to build a “future full of hope” by endowing the ministries of the Catholic church that:
- Develop lifelong Catholic missionary disciples through God’s love.
- Support healthy, happy, holy priests and people.
& Our History
Thirty-one years ago, Bishop Paul Dudley, along with 20 clergy and lay leaders, met in Huron to establish what has become the Catholic Community Foundation for Eastern South Dakota. The July 1987 Bishop’s Bulletin quoted Bishop Paul Dudley, “It is my hope and prayer that the basic needs of our diocese can be guaranteed in perpetuity through such a foundation.” Bishop Dudley went on to explain that the foundation is planned as an “ongoing, perpetual support for the needs which we have now, and the needs which will surface in the future.”
The Catholic Community Foundation began with $200,000 and today we are deeply grateful to manage $112 million. What an awesome privilege and responsibility we have to be a part of Bishop Dudley’s vision today! The Catholic Community Foundation’s investment objectives are committed to Catholic moral and social values. In addition, the Catholic Community Foundation will not make distributions or grants to charities that are not consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church. We ensure donors’ legacies forever follow their values and wishes, perpetually impacting the ministries they determine.