COVID-19 RELIEF FUND | REQUEST INFORMATION
To respond to the emergency needs of individuals and families in the Diocese of Sioux Falls affected financially by the economic impact resulting from our community’s response to the conronavirus pandemic.
- Funds are to be requested through any of the 120 Catholic parishes within the Diocese of Sioux Falls.
- Funds will be administered by the parishes at the discretion of the local pastor, on a first-come basis, who determines an individual’s or family’s emergency need.
- There is a simple online application process to track funding to parishes. Funding availability shall be on a first-come by parish basis.
- Funds will be distributed directly to the requesting parish where they will be re-distributed to individuals and families in need.
- The intent of the emergency assistance funds shall include essential needs of the individual – ie: food, prescriptions, toiletries, gasoline, etc.
- 100% of the funds donated shall be directed to individuals and families in need. No overhead, administrative or credit card fees shall be paid by this fund. The Catholic Community Foundation will absorb these expenses.
- Direct emergency assistance will be limited initially to $200/individual and $500/family.
- COVID-19 Relief Funds not used will be reallocated to the Poor and Needy fund for the Diocese of Sioux Falls.